The City of Canandaigua has marriage records on file for those who obtained their license through the City of Canandaigua. Copies are available only to the two people listed on the license and may be obtained as follows:
- Apply in person at the City Clerk's Office, 9 am to 4 pm. Monday through Friday.
- The fee for a certified transcript of marriage is $10 per copy requested
- We accept cash, check or credit / debt card (with a 3% fee)
We do offer the ability to apply by mail to receive a certified transcript. You can complete the form below or send a letter to our office requesting a copy. We will need to know the date of marriage or range of dates in order to conduct a search. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Both Names at the time the marriage license was obtained
- Date of the Marriage
- Include a copy your identification (such as a driver's license)
- Money order for for $15 per copy requested - as we cannot accept personal checks for mail transactions. Please make the money order payable to the City of Canandaigua.
For your convenience, the application may be downloaded and printed, however, it is not possible to apply online. Applications and supporting documentation must be mailed or brought to the City Clerk's Office at City Hall.
For any additional questions, please contact the City Clerk.
If you are uncertain if you got your license at City Hall, you may contact Vital Records in Albany by calling 855-322-1022 for their assistance.